Hormonal Impacts on Hair Loss

Oestrogen and Progesterone play vital roles in healthy, shiny, full hair. When we experience hormonal fluctuations, the hair reflects this quickly through excessive hair shedding.

At any time, around 85% of the hair on our head should be in the growing phase (anagen) – this phase can last between 2 to 7 years. The remaining 15% of our hair is resting, shedding, or regenerating.

Oestrogen is vital to a healthy hair-growing and shedding cycle. When things fluctuate due to excess exercise, dieting, stress, ageing, or menopause, the growth cycle is interrupted. Many more hairs tend to shed, and a general thinning can occur.

A secondary reaction to stress, illness, certain medications, dieting, or over-exercising is an inflammatory response in the hair follicle that causes oxidative stress from free radicals.

We are all very familiar with the idea of fighting free radicals and oxidative stress to help manage and prevent the premature ageing of our skin. Every cream we buy for our face or body contains antioxidants, so why don’t we do this for our hair?

Many forget that the scalp is the growing medium of the hair and skin and instead focus on hair care products that sit on the hair or scalp. Hair loss products need to penetrate right down to the hair root to fight oxidative stress effectively, which is why we have developed Tricotain.

Just like your face and body creams that contain powerful antioxidants to fight free radical damage, Tricotain’s active ingredients allow it to penetrate to the root of the hair follicle to provide maximum impact in neutralising free radicals, giving your hair the ability to remain thicker, fuller and longer.

Tricotain is essential in any treatment plan for excessive hair shedding or general thinning, complementing any dietary changes, supplements, or other recommended treatments.